INFO - STUDENT NIE EXTENSION APPLICATION (STUDENT NIE)
The application can be initiated with a maximum advance of 60 days before the expiration date.
- Original and photocopy of the form (Ex- 00) duly completed in all sections , with black pen.
- Model 790 (052 )tax Paid (16.32 euros). Must pay before submitting the application and provide a proof of payment along with the rest of the documentation.
- Original and photocopy of the passport ( first page ).
- Original and photocopy of the student NIE card ( both sides).
- 1 passport photo
- If you have changed address from the previous card in the last 2 months , you have to provide the original and photocopy of the new registration (empadronamiento).
- Original and photocopy of insurance that covers medical expenses.
There are two options:
- Private health insurance, with full health care and hospitalization in case it was needed
- If you have CatSalut , you must bring the certificate of the “Seguridad Social”as you are entitled to health care in Spain
- ORIGINAL certificate with final marks (must be approved at least 50% of the subjects studied ) of 2013-14 course.
*You can get this certificate for free at the secretariat if you are student of the Escuela Mediterráneo.
- Original and photocopy of the enrollment certificate for 2014-2015 school year and proof of payment of tuition.
* You can get this certificate for free if you enroll in the Escuela Mediterráneo.
- Original and photocopy of financial capability proof to live in Spain. You have the following options
- Bank statement with a minimum balance of € 6,385 '44 . In the case where the application is for a period less than one year, the minimum balance is the result of multiplying € 532.51 per month X total duration (for example : 6 months x € 532.51 = € 3,195.06 ).
- Bank statement or sealed by the entity with the corresponding income movements of the last 6 months ( at least 532'51 €/month) with a minimum balance of € 3,192 '72 box.
Appointment Request (Barcelona only)
Submission of application (only for students registered in Barcelona city)
Place of submission: Rambla Guipuzcoa 74.
Hours: Monday to Thursday from 9am to 17:30 pm Friday 9am to 14pm.
Summer Hours: (from June 16 to September 15 ) from 8am to 15pm.
Metro: line 1 (red ) , NAVAS or CLOT.
Buses: 33, 34, 35, 43 , 44, 62, 71 , 192, and B20.
*Students registered in other localities have to apply at the main police station in the town.